Students get a better idea of how the South Carolina Legislature works and how they can be involved. They will learn what Representatives and Senators do and how they go about making laws.
The Joint Legislative Conference Room or The Library is one of the most beautiful rooms in the State House. The twin staircases and columns were originally installed in 1889. The massive chandelier was originally gas lit and is the only remaining original State House chandelier. The beauty of the library is enhanced by the Tennessee pediment door, the mosaic glass windows and the original mahogany doors.
SUGGESTED FIELD TRIP CORE STANDARDS: Social Studies
CLICK HERE FOR QUICKLINKS to find the core standards specific to your grade and field of study.
GET A FREE COLUMBIA STATE HOUSE STUDENT TRIP ESTIMATE
Sample Columbia State House Student Day Trip Itinerary:
- Take a tour of the working center of South Carolina’s state government
- Peek into the Joint Legislative Conference Room and see the portrait galleries
- Boxed Lunch
- Roundtrip motorcoach transportation to Columbia
- Morning and afternoon snack and drink en route
- Boxed Lunch
- Tours and admissions as listed
- Kelly Tours T-shirt
- Kelly Tours tour director
Choose from the following attractions to customize your student trip to the Columbia State House:
South Carolina State Museum or Riverbanks Zoo & Garden
- Myrtle Beach$ 129Let Kelly Tours assist you in planning your student field trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Beach, sand and sun, all merge to make dreams come true. Myrtle Beach is a vacation wonderland - where days are filled with both adventure and carefree thoughts. Welcome to beautiful, white-sandy beaches and magical places waiting to be discovered.