Many researchers and historians claim that Florida contains more buried and sunken treasures than any other state. Florida was the haven of notorious pirates, including Blackbeard, Lafitte, Gasparilla, Kidd, Rackham, Bowlegs, Bonnett, and possibly even Morgan. The majority of all buried treasure in Florida is the work of pirates.
If your students are intrigued with Pirates, our Florida Keys adventure includes a snorkeling expedition…who knows, you may find a sunken treasure yourself.
SUGGESTED FIELD TRIP CORE STANDARDS: Science, Social Studies
CLICK HERE FOR QUICKLINKS to find the core standards specific to your grade and field of study.
GET A FREE FLORIDA KEYS STUDENT TRIP ESTIMATE
Sample 4 Day Florida Keys Trip Itinerary: Day 1
- Depart school and travel to Orlando, Florida
- The rest of the day is free to explore Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe
- Breakfast at the hotel and travel to Key Largo for a two-night stay
- This morning enjoy the Swim with the Dolphins program. This program includes a one-hour educational program about marine mammals and one-hour in the water with the dolphins
- Breakfast at the hotel then a day trip to Key West
- Island Tour includes stories of Treasure Hunters, Writers, Pirates and Rock & Roll Singers
- Lunch at Jimmy Buffets
- Snorkeling cruise Free time to explore & shop along Duval Street
- Mallory Square sunset
- Return to Key Largo
- Breakfast and travel to Everglades National Park and Wildlife Refuge for an Eco Tour and Airboat Ride
- Travel Home
- Roundtrip motorcoach transportation
- snacks and drinks en route
- 3 nights lodging
- 5 meals
- Tours and admissions as listed
- Kelly Tours T-shirt
- Kelly Tours tour director
- Wakulla Science TourWakulla Springs State Park in Florida is home to one of the largest and deepest freshwater springs in the world. Due to the supply of water an abundance of wildlife such as alligators, turtles, manatees, birds, fish and more call this spring their home. Witness nature's beautiful changes as it flushes different colors in fall, winter and spring as you walk through the parks nature trails.
- Orlando Mix & Match$ 249Kelly Tours can expand your horizons by planning your student field trip to Orlando for a theme park adventure. Mix & Match your way from movie making at Universal Studios to the science behind Islands of Adventure. You choose and customize your trip to fit your students taste.