The Sunshine State is the perfect destination to mix education and fun! Its rich history of European influence began with Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon in 1513. The 100’s of miles of coastline and sea life make it an ideal location to study the marine sciences. As home to the Kennedy Space Center, it is a hub of technology and discovery. With a variety of amusement, water and theme parks, Florida is always a favorite of students and teachers alike!
Whether your studying Life Cycles and Adaptations or Animal Behavior or Ecosystems, there is plenty to see and do while visiting the Jacksonville Zoo. Programs are grade-level appropriate for Pre-K through twelfth grade and include up-close and hands-on animal encounters.
SUGGESTED FIELD TRIP CORE STANDARDS: Science
CLICK HERE FOR QUICKLINKS to find the core standards specific to your grade and field of study.
GET A FREE JACKSONVILLE ZOO STUDENT TRIP ESTIMATE
Sample 1 Day Jacksonville Zoo & Botanical Gardens Student Trip Itinerary:
- Depart for Jacksonville
- Zoo educational program
- Free time to explore – 2,000 rare and exotic animals; 1,000 different varieties of plants
- Depart for home
- Roundtrip motorcoach transportation
- Morning and afternoon snack and drink en route
- Tours and admissions as listed
- Kelly Tours T-shirt
- Kelly Tours tour director
Consider combining your Jacksonville Zoo and Botanical Gardens trip with the Jacksonville Museum of Science and History and The Alhambra Theatre.
- Wakulla Science TourWakulla Springs State Park in Florida is home to one of the largest and deepest freshwater springs in the world. Due to the supply of water an abundance of wildlife such as alligators, turtles, manatees, birds, fish and more call this spring their home. Witness nature's beautiful changes as it flushes different colors in fall, winter and spring as you walk through the parks nature trails.
- Orlando Mix & Match$ 249Kelly Tours can expand your horizons by planning your student field trip to Orlando for a theme park adventure. Mix & Match your way from movie making at Universal Studios to the science behind Islands of Adventure. You choose and customize your trip to fit your students taste.