The Sunshine State is the perfect destination to mix education and fun! Its rich history of European influence began with Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon in 1513. The 100’s of miles of coastline and sea life make it an ideal location to study the marine sciences. As home to the Kennedy Space Center, it is a hub of technology and discovery. With a variety of amusement, water and theme parks, Florida is always a favorite of students and teachers alike!
A field trip to MOSH brings science to life with hands-on learning experiences. Educational programs, IMAX films, interactive exhibits and the Saunders Planetarium enhance science knowledge while stimulating students’ interest in science and technology.
SUGGESTED FIELD TRIP CORE STANDARDS: Science, Mathematics, Social Studies
CLICK HERE FOR QUICKLINKS to find the core standards specific to your grade and field of study.
GET A FREE JACKSONVILLE MUSEUM OF SCIENCE & HISTORY STUDENT TRIP ESTIMATE
Sample 1 Day Jacksonville Museum of Science and History Student Trip Itinerary:
- Depart for Jacksonville
- Jolts and Volts educational program
- Boxed Lunch
- Planetarium show
- Live mammal presentation
- Free time to explore before returning home
- Depart for home
- Roundtrip motorcoach transportation
- Morning and afternoon snack and drink en route
- Boxed Lunch
- Tours and admissions as listed
- Kelly Tours T-shirt
- Kelly Tours tour director
Consider combining your Jacksonville Museum of Science and History trip with the Jacksonville Zoo and Botanical Gardens. Combo starts at $125
MOSH Exhibits & Activities
Choose from the following attractions to customize your student trip to Jacksonville MOSH Museum
Jacsonville MOSH Meet all of MOSH’s resident live animals. Owls, snakes, turtles, tortoises, and alligators- just to name a few- are all native to...
Jacsonville MOSH Understanding Our Energy Choices, a permanent exhibit on the museum's first floor, presents the science, conversion, distribution and conservation of energy using cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art exhibit design. Using interactive touch screen kiosks, explore the science of solar, wind, hydro, fossil fuel and nuclear energy to bring the futuristic city of MOSHtopia to life with power, light and sound. And, with a little elbow grease, see if you have what it takes to generate...
Jacsonville MOSH Whales, Dolphins and Manatees of Northeast Florida explores the marine mammals, reptiles and invertebrates of the First Coast through hands-on exhibits and the VyStar Touch Tank and Scavenger...
Jacsonville MOSH Enter through MOSH’s larger than life mouth, stroll down the digestive tract, and exit out the rear! Learn all about our bodies and how they work with hands-on interactive...
- Wakulla Science TourWakulla Springs State Park in Florida is home to one of the largest and deepest freshwater springs in the world. Due to the supply of water an abundance of wildlife such as alligators, turtles, manatees, birds, fish and more call this spring their home. Witness nature's beautiful changes as it flushes different colors in fall, winter and spring as you walk through the parks nature trails.
- Orlando Mix & Match$ 249Kelly Tours can expand your horizons by planning your student field trip to Orlando for a theme park adventure. Mix & Match your way from movie making at Universal Studios to the science behind Islands of Adventure. You choose and customize your trip to fit your students taste.