Start your Columbia tour with a visit to the South Carolina State Museum. The museum is the fundamental introduction to South Carolina history, art, technology and culture. Housed in the historic 1893 Columbia Mill textile building, the South Carolina State Museum tells the history of South Carolina through our many traveling museum exhibits, permanent collections and educational programs. Come and enjoy South Carolina art, cultural history, natural history and science and technology. Many of the museum’s displays are interconnected. You will find there is history in our art, artistic beauty in our natural history and science, and history behind our technology. All disciplines are also represented by objects in the hands-on Stringer Discovery Center. Although no museum can display its entire collection, we offer a varied sampling of the wonders found both within our state and around the world.
SUGGESTED FIELD TRIP CORE STANDARDS: Science, Social Studies
CLICK HERE FOR QUICKLINKS to find the core standards specific to your grade and field of study.
GET A FREE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE MUSEUM STUDENT TRIP ESTIMATE
Sample South Carolina State Museum Student Day Trip Itinerary:
- Docent led gallery tour
- Includes age/grade appropriate program in Natural History, Cultural History or Science & Technology
- Boxed Lunch
- Star Lab planetarium program that is age/grade appropriate
- Roundtrip motorcoach transportation to Columbia
- Morning and afternoon snack and drink en route
- Boxed Lunch
- Tours and admissions as listed
- Kelly Tours T-shirt
- Kelly Tours tour director
Choose from the following attractions to customize your student trip to the South Carolina State Museum: The Columbia State House or the Riverbanks Zoo and Garden
- Myrtle Beach$ 129Let Kelly Tours assist you in planning your student field trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Beach, sand and sun, all merge to make dreams come true. Myrtle Beach is a vacation wonderland - where days are filled with both adventure and carefree thoughts. Welcome to beautiful, white-sandy beaches and magical places waiting to be discovered.