ALL ABOARD! Ride in an air conditioned, 1949 vintage cars in the SAM Shortline through quaint towns and rolling country side down to South. Plains, Georgia is located in the Southwest region of the state and is situated in one of the most lucrative farming regions Georgia has to offer. While walking along the streets of this country town, enjoy treats and snacks such as peanut brittle and different flavored peanuts is easy at Bobby Salter’s Plain Peanuts shop! Also the 39th U.S. president, Jimmy Carter, calls this lovely town his home. He was born and raised in Plains and now retires here with his wife. There’s nothing like a good ole visit to the country side!
SUGGESTED FIELD TRIP CORE STANDARDS: History
CLICK HERE FOR QUICKLINKS to find the core standards specific to your grade and field of study.
GET A FREE Train TO PLAINS STUDENT TRIP ESTIMATE
Sample 1 Day Train To Plains Student Trip Itinerary:
- All aboard the SAM Shortline Railway to Plains
- Guided tour of Plains, Georgia with a focus on Jimmy Carter
- Guided tour of Andersonville Civil War Prison Camp and POW Museum
- Depart for home
- Roundtrip transportation
- Morning and afternoon snack and drink en route
- Tours and admissions as listed
- Kelly Tours T-shirt
- Kelly Tours tour director