Wakulla Springs State Park in Florida is home to one of the largest and deepest freshwater springs in the world. Due to the supply of water an abundance of wildlife such as alligators, turtles, manatees, birds, fish and more call this spring their home. Witness nature’s beautiful changes as it flushes different colors in fall, winter and spring as you walk through the parks nature trails. Spend a day in the life of a marine biologists and enjoy the interactive nature center of Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratory. Develop awareness of sea life and cultivate the desire to protect these delicate creatures and their habitats.
SUGGESTED FIELD TRIP CORE STANDARDS: SCIENCE, SOCIAL STUDIES
CLICK HERE FOR QUICKLINKS to find the core standards specific to your grade and field of study.
GET A FREE wAKULLA cOUNTY SCIENCE ADVENTURE STUDENT TRIP ESTIMATE
Sample 1 Day Wakulla County Student Trip Itinerary:
- Morning departure for Wakulla Springs
- Enjoy a guided river tour of Wakulla Springs State Park
- Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratory: aquarium, dock & marsh tour, and hands-on educational programs
- Guided tours of the Historic Capitol and new capitol
- Roundtrip motorcoach transportation to Wakulla County
- Morning and afternoon snack and drink en route
- Boxed Lunch
- Admissions as listed
- Kelly Tours T-shirt
- Kelly Tours tour director
Combine with St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, Challenger Center, Tour of FSU campus, Pebble Hill Plantation